Getting Your Property Rent Ready
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the Florida Statues pertaining to Habitability, Florida Law, and the Elliott & Eijo Groups standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property as “Rent-Ready”.
Full “Rent-Ready” Requirements:
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no nail holes & no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have blinds.
- All windows must have screens.
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept.
- No exterior debris or trash.
- Lawn cut and trimmed with leaves from trees reaked and bagged.
- Landscaping fresh and clean with no weeds.
- Carbon monoxide detectors installed if natural gas exists at residence. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor.
- Smoke detectors installed per fire code with detectors being less than 10yrs old.
- Back sliding door must have vertical blinds.
- All light bulbs working.
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors.
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew.
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure.
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows.
This list is not meant to cover each and every make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.
Importance of Walkthrough Inspections
Interested in learning more about our property management services? Give us a call at (863)...
One of the most important aspects of property management is the selection of a tenant. We realize...
Why hire a Property Manager
If you've owned income property for any length of time, you know that managing a rental can be...
18 Questions to ask a property management company
20 Questions to Ask a Property ManagerYou want to make sure that you find a property management...
Should I rent out my home?
Chances are, your current home won’t suit your needs indefinitely. If you’re living in a small...